Saturday, July 17, 2010

So that's were all our old hand grenades went...

... to Mexico.

After the 4th of July, I realized something: I've only got about 3 months left in country. I had been pushing happily along, not realizing my departure was nearing, until a bunch of newer volunteers at our 4th-of-July party kept coming up to me with comments like, "Wow, you're going home soon!"

"No I'm not!" I kept saying, before pausing to think. "Holy shit, I am!"

It's true. In 11 days I leave for a 11-day Nicaragua vacation, then a week after I get back is our Close of Service conference, and after that I spend two months not working much and planning to come home. (Hard core job search!) So even though I don't leave until October, I'm wrapping up projects now. It's a strange feeling.

Earlier this month, we finally got around to planting cucumber and radish seeds with the school. If everything goes right, they should be ready for harvest in a few weeks. But thanks to heavy rains and foraging goats, their chances of survival are low.
Planting cucumbersPlanting radishes

Paz y amor.

No comments: