Monday, June 22, 2009

Trapped

Today I came to San Salvador to find out why I have been sick to my stomach for the past two weeks. But the Peace Corps doctors and the Salvadoran lab techs couldn't crack the case, so I have been forced to spend the night in San Salvador. This is normally not bad -- I get a paid hotel room with hot showers and at least some TV channels in English -- but I did not come prepared for an overnight visit and have a pile of things to do at my site. And if all the labs come back negative again tomorrow, the whole trip will probably have been for nothing.

At least I am getting the chance to put up some photos.
My host family at the Feria de la Pina
This t-shirt spotted on the street in my site. The guy's brother apparently goes to Maryland. Terps represent!

My friend Matt distorting the beautiful view of Parque Nacional El Imposible
Paz, amor y SALUD.

No comments: