Monday, November 9, 2009

I am safe

from the widespread mudslides and flooding that have killed more than 120 people in El Salvador since Saturday. Here is the Washington Post story. I was at my group's one-year anniversary party in another part of the country when the hardest rains/destruction hit, although my community is in the part of the country most affected by the hurricane. I was ordered to come to San Salvador, the capital, which is safe and unaffected, and am being put up here until it is safe to return to my community. Three people have died in my town and many more in nearby towns. I don't think there were any mudslides in my community, just a lot of flooding. The storm is pretty much over and I will be able to go home once the roads are open. I will report more information when I have it; obviously am pressed for time right now.

Paz y amor.

No comments: