Tuesday, November 24, 2009

I live in San Salvador

So I'm back in the city again for another week...mid-service medical evaluations Monday-Wednesday plus work to do for our Peace Corps theater group, a mysterious meeting with our Country Director (am I in trouble? No one will tell me!) a Thanksgiving dinner with a U.S. Embassy family and a project development training.

My life has gone pretty much back to normal -- I am helping a little bit with relief work, but for once I feel like the mayor's office and the NGOs that work in my municipality have stuff under control. All I've done so far is help to organize a census of damaged houses, crops etc. and be present at a lot of the aid distribution events. Other than that, I'm still involved in the same projects as before: wood-saving stoves, trainings and aid for the health dispensary, English teacher training, etc.

The purpose of this post was to upload more photos of landslides in my site, but my USB drive has a virus that is making that impossible. Will try to fix this.

Paz y amor.

No comments: