Saturday, June 19, 2010

Fotos por fin

Finally received my long-lost camera back from a friend, whose house I left it at! So I have some theater group fotos for you.

Our environmental skit in cool, beautiful and artistic La Palma went very well. Since then I have been making some headway on a lombriculture project with the school, but I have resigned myself to only doing it with a few grades because school is interrupted so frequently here for things like soccer games, and the teachers take the day off whenever they feel like it, which is a lot of the time. So a school system that already faces a devastated lack of resources is worsened by laziness.

Tomorrow I am going to a fruit festival in the nearby town of San Pedro Nonualco. The fair is named after the U.S. Ambassador (my Peace Corps boss, who is from San Pedro, had a hand in that). So I and three other volunteers from the area get to go hang out with the ambassador all day and eat delicious fruit. Not bad!
"La Vida de Basura" in San Vicente"El Lorax" in the village of El Tejar"La Vida de Basura" in La Palma

Paz y amor.

No comments: