Friday, January 30, 2009

Farewell to the USA

So tomorrow morning, I get on the plane back to El Salvador. I still think it will be hard to go back, but after shopping yesterday I'm a little more prepared -- I now have peanut butter, more books, gifts for my host family, and my grandfather gave me a shortwave radio. Too bad I spent half an hour looking for the BBC on it and could only find Spanish bible programs. I don't need a shortwave radio to hear that in El Salvador.

Plus, if everything works out, I will be briefly reunited with my friend Emily at the Cleveland airport in between flights! How awesome is it that she's going home to Ohio the same weekend I'm flying through? I almost don't want to think about it, because with our luck my flight will be delayed for two hours again and our window of opportunity will be shattered.

Here is an excerpt from our gchat when we concocted this plan:

me: I think we should do it!!!!!
Emily: me too!!!!
10:56 PM me: oh my god!!!!
Emily: assuming nothing crazy happens with your flight....AHHHH!
me: oh no I don't have a cell phone that works in america

...so we'll see how this goes.

Next post will be from El Sal!

1 comment:

Jess said...

So jealous you get to see Emily!