Sunday, March 29, 2009

Arriba con las selecciones

Well, that was quite the game. At one point in the second half, the US actually trailed 2-0, but then came back to tie the game 2-2. Unfortunately (Jess) I couldn't take any pictures because cameras weren't permitted inside the stadium...nor were pens, actually. FIFA really does crack down.

No safety concerns to report, except a little bit of beer dumped on me every time El Salvador scored and the fans threw their cups into the air.

TONS of fun to watch, and of course the stadium was large and filled with noise and craziness. It was no Real Madrid game but it was still a spectacle.

Paz y amor.

2 comments:

Erin said...

Fun!!

The North Korea-South Korea soccer game is Wednesday -- should be an adventure...

Jess said...

Gahhh what an awesome game! I'm still so jealous you were there (so were Brendan and Chris). I'm glad you had fun and I can't believe you weren't allowed to take pictures! It's okay though, I watched on TV and got see Mo play! WHooop gooooo UMD alum!