Tuesday, May 26, 2009

El crisis

I liked this article I read today on washingtonpost.com, but one thing seemed to be missing. I have been seeing the same thing here: people who went to the United States to make money and a better life for themselves and their families returned to El Salvador after the economy took a dive. I know a couple of people personally who did that. But their stories are even more compelling to me because many of them risked their lives to immigrate illegally, all for nothing, and they will have to go through the same thing again if they decide to go back to the States once the economy improves. So I wished the article had addressed Latin American immigrants. I had actually thought since months ago that the returning immigrants would be a good news story, so maybe I still have a future in journalism ;)

Here is a photo from our English class graduation!
Paz y amor.

No comments: